Tint changes during Origin Trial
Changes for M98
- Taking the address of a vector component is no longer allowed.
dot() builtin now supports integer vector types.
Changes for M97
frexp() builtin overloads that take a pointer second parameter have been removed.
- Deprecated texture builtin functions that accepted a
read access controlled storage texture have been removed.
- Storage textures must now only use the
write access control.
ignore() builtin has been replaced with phony-assignment. gpuweb#2127
all() now support a
bool parameter. These simply return the passed argument. tint:1253
- Call statements may now include functions that return a value (
ignore() is no longer needed).
interpolate(flat) attribute can now be specified on integral user-defined IO. It will eventually become an error to define integral user-defined IO without this attribute.
- Matrix construction from scalar element values is now supported.
- Swizzling of
vec3 types in
uniform buffers has been fixed for Metal 1.x. tint:1249
- Calling a function that returns an unused value no longer produces an FXC compilation error. tint:1259
Changes for M95
- The size of an array can now be defined using a non-overridable module-scope constant
num_workgroups builtin is now supported.
- Hex floats: now correctly errors when the magnitude is non-zero, and the exponent would cause overflow. tint:1150, tint:1166
- Identifiers beginning with an underscore are now correctly rejected. tint:1179
abs() fixed for unsigned integers on SPIR-V backend tint:1179