Tint changes during Origin Trial
Changes for M100
@interpolate(flat) attribute must now be specified on integral user-defined IO. tint:1224
ignore() intrinsic has been removed. Use phoney-assignment instead:
_ = expr;.
break statements in
continuing blocks are now correctly validated.
- Module-scope declarations can now be declared in any order. tint:1266
Changes for M99
Obviously infinite loops (no condition, no break) are now a validation error.
The following features have been deprecated and will be removed in M102:
[[block]] attribute has been deprecated. tint:1324
- Attributes now use the
@decoration syntax instead of the
[[decoration]] syntax. tint:1382
elseif has been replaced with
else if. tint:1289
[[stride]] attribute has been deprecated. tint:1381
- Vector and matrix element type can now be inferred from constructor argument types. tint:1334
- Added builtins
radians() for converting between degrees and radians. tint:1329
let arrays and matrices can now be dynamically indexed. tint:1352
- Storage and Uniform buffer types no longer have to be structures. tint:1372
- A struct declaration does not have to be followed by a semicolon. tint:1380
- Fixed an issue where for-loops that contain array or structure constructors in the loop initializer statements, condition expressions or continuing statements could fail to compile. tint:1364
Changes for M98
- Taking the address of a vector component is no longer allowed.
- Module-scope declarations can no longer alias a builtin name. tint:1318
- It is now an error to call a function either directly or transitively, from a loop continuing block, that uses
isNormal() builtins has been deprecated and will be removed in M101. tint:1312
- New texture gather builtins:
- Shadowing is now fully supported. tint:819
dot() builtin now supports integer vector types.
- Identifiers can now start with a single leading underscore. tint:1292
- Control flow analysis has been improved, and functions no longer need to
return if the statement is unreachable. tint:1302
- Unreachable statements now produce a warning instead of an error, to allow WGSL code to be updated to the new analysis behavior. These warnings may become errors in the future gpuweb#2378
- Fixed an issue where using a module-scoped
let in a
workgroup_size may result in a compilation error. tint:1320
Changes for M97
frexp() builtin overloads that take a pointer second parameter have been removed.
- Deprecated texture builtin functions that accepted a
read access controlled storage texture have been removed.
- Storage textures must now only use the
write access control.
ignore() builtin has been replaced with phony-assignment. gpuweb#2127
all() now support a
bool parameter. These simply return the passed argument. tint:1253
- Call statements may now include functions that return a value (
ignore() is no longer needed).
interpolate(flat) attribute can now be specified on integral user-defined IO. It will eventually become an error to define integral user-defined IO without this attribute.
- Matrix construction from scalar element values is now supported.
- Swizzling of
vec3 types in
uniform buffers has been fixed for Metal 1.x. tint:1249
- Calling a function that returns an unused value no longer produces an FXC compilation error. tint:1259
abs() fixed for unsigned integers on SPIR-V backend
Changes for M95
- The size of an array can now be defined using a non-overridable module-scope constant
num_workgroups builtin is now supported.
- Hex floats: now correctly errors when the magnitude is non-zero, and the exponent would cause overflow. tint:1150, tint:1166
- Identifiers beginning with an underscore are now correctly rejected. tint:1179